Thursday, November 24, 2011

happy thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving dearies!

Big things happened in Perugia today. I, Molly Elizabeth, successfully made a turkey complete with stuffing and gravy. And it was DANK. Let me tell you, this was no easy feat.

It all started last week when I had to go order my little tacchino (this was when I slammed my finger in the door and thought I broke it).  Then, last night, I stopped in to see if I could pick it up. Si, si, says the butcher.  A couple minutes later he comes out of the back room holding a turkey by it's legs that is legitimately the size of a small child. The thing was so large I had to cradle it in my arms like a baby while its little leg almost kept poking me in the face for the 15 minute walk home. Never again will I take for granted being able to drive my groceries home. But this was only the start of the 24 hour bond sesh I had with little tacchino. I let him brine in my kitchen all night, stuffed him this morning, rubbed him down with some spices, and literally crammed him into our tiny oven. Then, when he was finally done, I carried him back uphill to our friends apartment on a cookie sheet. I thought my back was going to break in half. And I got some weird looks. Wonder why.... It was a labor of love let me tell you. I almost felt slightly sad when I finished carving it up. Weird? Yes.


There he is! All crammed in the oven!

And I made an apple pie.

Thanksgiving was great though. All of my friends made great food as well and it was so nice having MG here. We sat around for 4 hours chatting, eating, and listening to Christmas music. It really was the perfect Thanksgiving away from home. 

But on a holiday that is so centered around family, I am missing mine big time. I have a fantastic family. Great parents, great siblings. I could not be more thankful for them and all the things they do for me.

On a less serious note, guess what time it is?

It's Christmastime!!!!!!fvnoendwinvidowvno!!!!!!!! 


I'm going to Germany tomorrow morning to see the best Christmas markets in Europe and I literally am worried that I am not going to make it through the weekend. I might die of happiness. I just might. 


Oh God. And Frank Sinatra's Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas just came on. Melts my heart. 


I'm going to be the most annoying grandma ever. Can you imagine? The thought is actually terrifying. 


Alright. I should sleep. Gotta get up in 5 hours. Yayyyyy. Who needs sleep anyway? 


But have the best Thanksgiving. Eat until you feel sick, watch football, be with your family, laugh when you have to repeat yourself 70 times because great grandma can't hear you, make turkey sandwiches for days and eat stuffing tomorrow morning for breakfast, listen to Christmas music, be thankful and enjoy every minute of it. 


Ciao ciao for now lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment