Tuesday, December 20, 2011

finito

So here I am. Back in NC. Sitting on my couch, watching the Polar Express, feeling like the past three and a half months didn't even really happen. I've been back for four days and it's been great. Home is always great. It's home. I guess I thought maybe it would feel different here, but it's still the same. Not much has changed. Which could be the comforting thing about home you know what I mean?

I was nervous that I was going to have culture shock, but it hasn't been too bad. I've only called money euros once, my bed feels like the size of Montana, and I almost had a nervous breakdown at the mall yesterday. But you know, I think that would have happened no matter what. It was crowded and hot and I couldn't find anything I wanted and everyone was breathing down my neck and I wanted to shoot myself.

Now that we are past the dramatics, it's been so nice being home with my family (and big coffees). And you know, it's the most wonderful time of the year, what's not to love? But when people ask me about how my semester went, I don't even really know what to say. It was amazing. It was eye opening, perspective changing, fast-paced but relaxing, I learned so much, about everything, but most of all, it was fulfilling.

Maybe I'm capable of more than I thought I was. Maybe we are all capable of more than we think we are. Sometimes you just need a little change of perspective to see it. But life is short, and things can change with the blink of an eye, so whatever you want to do in live, do it now; for life is time and time is all there is.

cioa ciao for now lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment