Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sentimental Post

Alright.

Here's my sentimental post about what I am going to miss. Things are getting real emotional over here and it's kind of throwing me off. I'd rather not deal with sad people and myself being sad. No thanks.

So things I am going to miss...

1. My roomates. I seriously lucked out. Somebody must have been looking out for me because they are awesome. I have learned so much from them, and so much about myself from them.  And here I was thinking I was going to get stuck with the freaks of the world for 4 months... it could not have been more opposite.

2. Being able to walk everywhere. I know I complain about the hike up the mountain, and lugging my groceries (which is still annoying), but it is SO nice just being able to walk out your door and go out, or go to dinner, or to your friend's house. I have a small love affair with the outdoors and I feel like I get to spend so much time outside here walking. I am going to miss that.

3. My food class and my food teacher. Honestly, at the risk of sounding like a complete nerd, I loved every second of that class. I found it so interesting. And guess what? I just finished my exam and since I got all of my multiple choice questions right this semester I got all of this really expensive Tuscan chocolate. Get at me. **Villanova (or my dad) take note: if you offer the promise of chocolate as a reward for getting every question right, I will succeed**

4. The food. It's incredible.

5. Italians.  They are great people. I wanted to come here because I loved the things that Italians value in life.  After this semester I can say that all of those things have been confirmed and even more have been added.  They appreciate good meals, fresh food, the outdoors, their family, playing the accordion just because they feel like it and Christmas.  They understand the importance of their history, the beauty of a mid evil church, the spectacular renaissance art.  A day isn't complete without a good glass of wine with dinner and a strong espresso in the morning. They take siestas and sometimes don't feel like going to work on Mondays.   They are romantic and passionate. They live. They live simply and fully and for the most part, happily.  And maybe that's what I needed. Maybe I needed to go to a place where there's not stress streaming through the air. I understand that I don't need to breath in that stress and get caught up in it, but it sure is a hell of a lot easier to not do that here. And I'm going to miss that. A lot.


Ciao ciao for now lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment